Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mr. Recker's Garden - August 3 Update!

My garden is doing quite nicely. We're currently getting a nice supply of tomatoes, green beans, and squash. We've also had some green peppers and blueberries. Cucumbers, sweet corn, carrots, peas, eggplant, cantaloupe, and zucchini is on the way. Check out the video below to see for yourself!

Did you plant a garden this summer? If so, how is it doing? If not, have you visited any of the farmers markets across the state? Those are the two best ways to acquire fresh, local, well-raised food that promotes great health? Tell me about your gardening or farmers market experiences this summer in the comments section.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Recker,
    I did plant a garden this summer. We planted carrots, red & yellow corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalepenos, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatillos, green beans(bugs got to them)and orange watermelon.I also really liked your video.
    Your friend,
    Gunnar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really awesome Gunnar! I hope you're enjoying all that fresh food. I still have quite a bit of food on the vine. I wish I could grow my own food all year long. Thanks for posting. It was great to hear about your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gradpa raised tomatoes,cucumbers, and green peppers and has started a grape vine that will probably produce next year. My dad also has a garden and he planted tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins,strawberrys, and corn and indian corn. this blog is from Madison King

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am using my grandpa's computer and we are learning how it works. My grandpa has raised this year cucumbers and tomatoes,green peppers and has a new grapevine in the works. He also has a hugh black berry bush that growes over his garage. My dad also has a garden and he raises corn,pumpkins,strawberrys,indian corn,peppers and apples. We had fun watching them grow this summer. Madison King

    ReplyDelete