Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Musical Intelligence

Photobucket

Musical intelligence involves sound, rhythms, tone, beats, harmonies, and melodies. Children in physical education class naturally love to move to music. When we are exercising, often times I will play some upbeat, highly energetic music. It is cool to see the intensity level of the kids elevate to higher levels. I once thought that in order to have musical intelligence, one must be a great singer, composer, or musician. This is actually not true. According to Gardner, displaying musical intelligence could be as simple as tapping one’s foot to a beat, or humming along with a melody. I for one know that music enriches my life every day, and I try to give the students the same opportunities to enjoy what it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment